Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I'm not human, eh, I'm a turtle!

It has been for EVER since we have had internet access for longer than like, 20 minutes, so I am going to finally update the blog again!!

First news is that Dan and I are officially leaving Scotland on April 22nd to Ireland! We will spend a week there and then head to London. We will spend some time in the South of England before heading to France and that's all we know for now!

Arwen and I went on a trip to the Canary Islands for a week in January. They are Spanish islands off the North-West coast of Africa. We were on the largest island, Gran Canaria. We had a really great time! I will post pictures soon as they are all on Arwen's computer at the moment but she will be here on the weekend. I went windsurfing a few times, we spent a lot of time swimming in the Ocean and visiting the beach. We also went to a market, went out in a boat to see dolphins, and visiting some traditional cave dwellings. It is a place we would like to explore more one day as it was hard to get away from the tourist areas in the one week we were there.

A few weeks ago Dan and I visited Scotland's capital, Edinburgh. We went on a really great walking tour and learned all about the city. We even got a picture of a ghost!! We were supposed to go to a concert but it got canceled so we spent our evenings at the hostel.

Today was sunny! And we were both off! What an amazing combination. We headed up to Anoach Mor (the mountain where Dan works - Gaelic for big mountain) and did a climb and got a few runs in on our snowboards. The snow was SO deep which was incredible considering there wasn't ANY snow two days ago.

We also are playing in the local band and we had a practice tonight. We are playing Jupiter from the Planets, its great fun!

The mountain festival kicks off friday, when Arwen arrives, and Mom and Kyra are here a week from today - so much to look forard to!

We miss everybody but are still having a really great time here :)

Heather & Dan
x

No comments: